Meditation has been used for thousands of years as a tool for self-realisation and attaining peace. It is now rising in popularity in Western society as an antidote to stress and anxiety and helping people access states such as love and joy within. By many it is recognised as perhaps the most powerful and natural path to all-round wellbeing and happiness in the world.
Marise Jose, through the College of Soul Focused Psychotherapy, teaches ten, one day Modules that contribute to the 120 hours required to attain the Diploma.
The course is composed of ten one day modules, a two – day retreat, 25 meditation evenings and 3 personal one on one sessions over the duration of the year where students will learn and practice varying meditation techniques and how to guide and educate future students in the art and disciplines. Upon graduating, students will be qualified to teach their own classes that will assist others in reaching deep states of consciousness, understanding the mind and emotions, control and let go of negative states of being, and live a more peaceful and joyful life. All graduates will be able to, should they wish, to take out insurance to teach through the International Institute of Complimentary Therapists.
If students miss one or more modules they can watch the video of the module and hand in the worksheet required. This means that the course can be completed in the year that it is started.
The course will run over ten months of the year, one module, one Saturday per month, 10am till 4pm. (60 Hours). Three personal sessions (3 Hours). Retreat attendance (24 Hours). Twenty five (minimum) mindfulness / meditation evenings. (37 Hours)
This all adds up to a total of 120 hours of face to face contact.
Module 1 – Meditation What is it? What is it not?
The first module will explain what “meditation” really is.
- Self Realisation
- The Inner Life
- Night time Reviews
- The Witness / Watcher
- The Doer
- The Body Scan
- Guided Visualization
Module 2 – Health Benefits, Human Energy Systems
Human Energy Systems:
- Dan -Tiens
- Chi / Prana
- Breath work
- Energy Awareness
Module 3 – Comparison of Different Approaches / Religions
The essence of meditation from:
- Yoga – the Eightfold path
- Mantras and Affirmations
Module 4 – Psychology and Biology – Part 1
- Levels of Consciousness: Shame, Guilt, Apathy, Grief, Fear, Desire, Anger, Pride, Courage, Neutral, Willingness, Acceptance, Reason, Love, Joy, Peace, Enlightenment
- Lower self / ego
- Higher Self / Soul, Spirit
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic nervous systems
Module 5 – Psychology and Biology – Part 2
- Managing Emotions
- Finding Your Centre
- Defense mechanisms
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Mystical experience
- Spiritual Emergence versus Psychosis
- Hallucinations versus Visions
- Letting go
- Poses and Positions
Module 6 – Putting It All Together – Part 1: Devising a Course
- Devise a guided meditation, and teach it one on one
- Devise a guided meditation (with a student) including affirmations, and teach it
- Some factors influencing meditation: 1. Food, 2. Time of Day, 3. Left / Right brain function, 4. Distractions, 5. Obstacles, 6. Dark Forces
- Student delivers guided meditation
Module 7 – Putting It All Together – Part 2: Delivering a Course
- Devising a six week “How to Meditate Course”
- The power of words
- Creating a CD
- Personal Mindfulness Practices
- Student delivers guided power words
- One mindfulness approach
Module 8 – Practicalities and Professional Standards – Part 1: Leadership and empathic skills
- Group leadership skills
- How to answer questions
- Empathic Skills
- Creating the Highest Energetic and Physical space
- More mindfulness approaches
- No thoughts
Module 9 – Practicalities and Professional Standards – Part 2: Ethics, contraindications, considerations
- Professional Ethics
- Public Profile
- Advertising / Marketing
- When not to use Meditation (DSM IV Psychiatric category “religious or spiritual problem”)
- Personal mindfulness ethical guidelines
- Higher Self
Module 10 – Advanced Topics
- Connecting with “Presence”
- Kundalini / true Chi
- Samadhi, Nirvana, Enlightenment
- No Mind
Call 0417570390 for all investment details.
Students cancelling their place in a workshop may do so up to 1 week prior to the commencement of the workshop and receive a full refund. They may alternatively elect to transfer their payment towards a future advertised workshop. Cancellations less than 1 week from the workshop will result in $50 being withheld to help cover venue hire costs and overheads.